Welcome to Word Girl, an efficient and economical solution to your writing and editing needs. I have a B.A. in English, specializing in writing and editing, and I have years of professional experience in editing and copy writing for marketing, publications, human resources, nonprofits, and social services.
I’ll edit your articles or academic papers, do line editing, copy editing, or even help you develop ideas for your piece.
I won’t write your academic paper for you; that is something only you can do. What I will do is help you by asking you some questions to get you thinking about your topic and what you want to say in your paper. You are the authority on your topic; I am just there to help you work through mental roadblocks, plus brush up your grammar and spelling.
In my free time, I write as much as I can, mostly creative nonfiction and some fiction and poetry. I also love to read and I read a lot–I even actually enjoy reading academic papers!
If you have me edit your paper, my goal is to make it as painless for you as possible–no red pens (I use blue!) and no confusing technical grammar jargon.
This was exactly the grammatical spanking my paper needed!
–Paul, Satisfied Client
How It Works:
- You send me a message telling me about your paper: subject, length, due date and what you need help with, and also if you’re requesting to meet in person for developmental help (see Services and Rates for more information).
- I’ll reply with a time frame and rate, plus a meeting place and time suggestion if requested.
- If I’m not meeting with you to help with development, you’ll then send me your paper as an email attachment.
- I’ll edit it on my own and let you know when I’m finished (never more than 2 business days) and send you an invoice.
- After I’ve received your payment through PayPal, I’ll email you your paper with your choice of shown edits (which you can make yourself to the original) or a clean copy with edits already made.
Services and Rates:
Professional Line and Copy Editing
Give your presentations, technical reports, marketing pieces, articles and other writing a professional touch with spotless spelling, punctuation and grammar, plus an extra edge with dynamic word choice and organization.
(I can thoroughly edit a piece of about 500 words in an hour. Allow 24 hours’ turnaround.)
Great for churches and small nonprofit groups, this is a monthly service in which you send me everything you have for that month (or everything you want edited, at least)–emails, letters, brochures, programs, newsletters, web content, etc.–either all at once or piece-by-piece, and pay one monthly rate for all of it (rate dependent on average monthly workload).
Present a professional and polished image to the people you’re trying to reach; I can guarantee there will be those who actually care about your grammar!
Rate: starting at $25/mo.; increase based on hourly rate
(Allow at least 24 hours’ turnaround per piece.)
- Word choice
- flat fee of $10 for any paper or article up to 5 pages long
- $1 for each additional page
- 250-300 words per page
*additional $20 hourly fee for in-person development consultation
Do you have a bigger project, like a manuscript or screenplay, or anything else not mentioned here? Send me a message and I’ll see how I can help!