Hello! Glad you could make it!
I’m Rhonda, and I love to read books (obviously). Over the years, I’ve kept several different blogs for different purposes, but I always ended up writing posts about books on all of them. So, I thought, why not just start a blog all about books?
So that’s what I did. I do sometimes post straightforward book reviews (usually about once a month), but I also write other articles that usually fall into three general categories.
Pop Culture, such as:
Literary Discussion, such as:
- The Ones Who Walk Away and the Ones Who Stay and Fight: Social Justice in Science Fiction
- Apparently, I Have a Complicated Relationship with “Twilight”
“My Seven Top Five,” such as:
- My Seven Top Five Favorite Modern Day Adaptations of Shakespeare Plays
- My Seven Top Five Unexpected Picks for the Great American Novel
There might also be some random/miscellaneous posts on here, like bookish gift guides and costume ideas, or personal essays about my life in relation to books (you don’t have to read them; they’re probably the least interesting things on here).
Genres I Like to Review
- Fantasy (all subgenres)
- Science Fiction (especially space opera or dystopian)
- Historical Fiction (especially Medieval and Renaissance, Victorian, or non-European)
- Mystery (especially with a strong female lead)
- Romance (if it also has heavy elements of one of the above genres)
I read mostly Adult and YA, but I do enjoy MG as well!
When I review ARCs, many of them come from NetGalley, though I have worked with publishers directly and remain open to doing so! (See my Contact page to get in touch with me about partnership.)
I am an IndieBound Affiliate, which means if you buy a book through one of my links, I receive a small commission. Click the logo to learn more. Thanks for supporting me and independent bookstores!
BTW, I also co-host a bookish podcast, Pop DNA, that explores the historical and literary roots of your favorite works of pop culture! It’s available anywhere you listen to podcasts, and is also part of the That’s Not Canon Productions podcast network.
I’m a blogger/podcaster by night, but by day I work in vocational rehabilitation counseling, helping injured and disadvantaged workers get back on their feet and live their best lives.
In my spare time you can find me chatting with my readers’ group and chain-drinking coffee and dancing in the rain in the Pacific Northwest.
Thanks for reading!